Friday, February 12, 2016

CCtD Presents: The Monitor Sphere - By Way of Introduction



High above CCtD Mountain floats a gold (except in that one issue of Teen Titans when it was grey) sphere that sometimes phases in and out of our reality so it can view events in others. Aboard that craft sits a being that is not only out of phase with our reality, but a being that views time differently than you or I, a being simply known as Jix Loatan.

First things first, I would like to tip my cap to the Grand Poobah of Crom Count the Dead for allowing me to park my sphere made of cardboard long boxes and bags and boards above his property, and for giving me the freedom to write about my thoughts on recent (to me) comics of the past, present, and future.

Secondly, I would like to welcome each and every one of you, the readers, to a new (hopefully) weekly column about my ever expanding back catalogue of comic books as well as other things that belong in that realm. I’m in a weird situation myself, when my daughter was born I found myself falling further and further behind in my comic reading, but I continued to buy comics at a similar rate so I’ve wound up with quite a quandary here aboard The Sphere.This first article will just be to give you a background of the situation I find myself in and hopefully the next article will be about something interesting I’ve stumbled across in my Murdonian (a little shout out to CGS) stack.

So here is where I’m at: I am up to date on the Mark Waid Archie, and that is the only thing I find myself “current” on. I have a DC Comics Presents from back in July of 84 that I found for a dollar at an antique mall that is sitting, unread, in a stack next to the recently finished Bizzaro series. In my DC reading I am about to start Convergence. In my Marvel reading I have a bunch of New X-Men to get through, and then I will jump to just before Secret War 2015. I’ve got all of Warren Ellis’ Injection to read and about half of his Trees still to get through. The last comic I read is issue 18 of Morrison and Morales’s Action Comics. My favorite characters are Brainiac 5, Animal Man, and Moon Knight.

I hope to have more for you next time on CCtD Presents: The Monitor Sphere where I will hopefully be talking about Sex Criminals volume 1, but it might be the new film Deadpool if I make it around to seeing it. I hope you’ll join me for the long haul on this wild ride through comic books that find themselves (alongside me) out of phase with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment